How to save money during the COVID-19 pandemic
Are you scrambling to pay bills or your mortgage?
- defer your mortgage up to six months
- if you have a traditional mortgage you can actually skip a payment without penalty
- look into reward points in order to use “some of those points to pay back your credit cards.”
- look through your gift cards, subscriptions and anywhere you can cut back
- change car insurance over to personal use under 15km
- set yourselves up for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit by going to the CRA website. This is $2000 per month for Canadians whose livelihoods have been affected by COVID-19.
- RRSPs should be a last resort